Network Reaches 90 Million Subs
Among All Ad-Supported Cable Nets Ranks #5 in M25-54 and Top 10 in Households
January 07 Ratings Up +23% vs January 06
Best Month Ever in A18-49, A25-54, M18-49 & M25-54 Deliveries
New York, NY, January 30, 2007 – AMC announced today that the month of January delivered a number of key highlights in ratings performance and subscriber developments for the network. In addition to reaching the significant milestone of 90 million subscribers, AMC ranked 5th in Men 25-54 delivery and was a top 10 network in primetime household and key demo deliveries among all ad-supported cable networks. AMC also experienced its best month ever in M18-49 & M25-54, A18-49 and target A25-54 deliveries, as well as grew its ratings up +23% (1.07 HH RTG) compared to Jan 2006 performance last year.
The following is a statement from AMC’s EVP & General Manager, Charlie Collier:
“AMC’s January performance is a great way to kick off 2007, and hitting the 90 million sub mark is a very important milestone for the network. There are few networks on basic or standard cable that are truly dedicated to movies, and our focus to uniquely celebrate movies with quality and consistency is a big part of hitting 90 million. We aim to create an atmosphere on the network where viewers can maximize the movie experience on television, and we will continue our commitment to deliver cinematic, quality entertainment of enduring value. AMC has never been at a better place and we look forward to continued growth.”
Today’s ratings and distribution announcements cap off an amazing month for the network with a strong list of noted recognition for AMC’s first-ever original movie event, Broken Trail including: three Golden Globe nominations; three Screen Actor Guild nominations, a Directors Guild of America (DGA) nomination and a Writers Guild of America nomination. AMC’s strong January ratings performance was strengthened by the premiere of the 35th anniversary of the Robert Redford film Jeremiah Johnson on 1/20/07 (3.09 HH rating-airing in AMC’s Hollywood Icon Celebration to Redford) ranking it as the #1 rated theatrically-based basic cable movies of the month and the #4 highest rated program ever on AMC (behind AMC’s Original Movie Broken Trail).
Following are highlights for AMC’s January performance:
- For the month of January, AMC ranked 5th in Men 25-54 delivery as well as ranking as a top 10 network in primetime household and key demo deliveries among all ad-supported cable networks while showing significant year to year growth in all key demos.
- AMC’s 1.07 HH RTG is up +23% compared to Jan 2006 performance last year (.87).
- January 07 is AMC’s best month ever in A18-49, A25-54, M18-49 & M25-54 deliveries.
- In primetime, AMC delivered over 1.3 million viewers for the month, with performance most significant among its Male 25-54 viewers. AMC primetime Men 25-54 delivery (399,000) ranked the network 5th in overall monthly performance as well growing the net +49% year to year. In Adult 25-54 delivery, AMC ranked #8 among all nets, with a +44% performance increase compared to last year.
- AMC’s M18-49 (346,000) primetime performance ranked within the top 10 as well and saw year to year gains, up +52%. Adult 18-49 (540,000) saw year to year gains, up +42% respectively.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, 1/1/07-1/28/07 M-Su 8-11p performance compared to all ad-supported cable networks broadcasting more than 51% of the daypart. AMC telecast of Jeremiah Johnson 1/20/07 compared to all other ad-supported cable network movie telecasts in prime, M-Su 8-11p. Jan 07 performance compared to previous January prime performances on AMC. Year to year growth 1/1/07-1/28/07 vs 12/26/05-1/29/06. HH RTG, Adult and Men 18-49 & 25-54 (000) performance in prime compared to all other ad-supported cable networks.