COLUMBUS – FSN Ohio announced today it will televise 10 classic Columbus Blue Jackets games, beginning Thursday, October 21 @ 7:30 pm. Steve Liverani, Senior Vice President and General Manager, FSN Ohio, made the announcement.
The new Blue Jackets/FSN Ohio television team of play-by-play announcer, Jeff Rimer and color analyst, Brian Engblom will host the telecasts.
The following is the complete line-up of “Blue Jackets Classics” on FSN Ohio:
- Thursday, October 21 – 7:30 pm – Blue Jackets first overtime win, 3-2 vs. the Boston Bruins (12/8/00)
- Thursday, October 28 – 8 pm – Ron Tugnutt records the first Blue Jackets shutout vs. Montreal, 2-0 (12/18/00)
- Thursday, November 4 – 7:30 pm – Geoff Sanderson gets the first Blue Jackets hat trick in a 3-2 win vs. Nashville (2/10/01)
- Thursday, November 11 – 7:30 pm – Espen Knutsen scores a hat trick in a 6-2 win vs. San Jose (1/24/02)
- Wednesday, November 17 – 8 pm – The Blue Jackets notch an overtime win over the Atlanta Thrashers during FANale II (4/12/02)
- Thursday, November 25 – 8 pm – The season opening win vs. Chicago, and Rick Nash gets his first NHL goal in his first NHL game (10/10/02)
- Thursday, December 2 – 8 pm – 5-4 overtime win vs. Toronto. Tyler Wright scores a hat trick (3/20/03)
- Thursday, December 9 – 8 pm – Geoff Sanderson scores 4 goals in a win over the Calgary Flames (3/29/03)
- Thursday, December 16 – 8 pm – 3-0 win vs. Detroit. Ohio native, Dan Fritsche gets his first NHL goal. (11/20/03)
- Thursday, December 23 – 8 pm – 5-4 overtime win over the Colorado Avalanche (2/28/04)
FSN Ohio reaches more than four million households in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, western Pennsylvania, western New York, and West Virginia. FSN Ohio’s programming includes the Cleveland Indians, Cincinnati Reds, Columbus Blue Jackets, and Cleveland Cavaliers, The Best Damn Sports Show Period, I Max, The Sports List, NASCAR and Totally NFL. FSN Ohio is managed by Rainbow Sports Networks.
Rainbow Sports Networks is a division of Rainbow Media Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE:CVC). FSN reaches more than 80 million households nationwide and is a service of National Sports Partners, equally owned by Rainbow Media Holdings LLC and Fox Entertainment Group. Rainbow Sports Networks incorporates Rainbow’s 50% ownership of FSN Ohio and Fox Sports National Advertising and the ownership and management of FSN regional networks in five of the nation’s largest markets: Chicago, Florida, Ohio, New England and San Francisco.