Original Series, High School Confidential, Bridezillas, Platinum Weddings Target Younger Audiences
New York, NY, June 26, 2008 – WE tv announced today that for the second quarter 2008 and season to date, the network ranks number one in growth among cable networks targeting women ages 18-49 (+71%) and 25-54 (+50%). These results demonstrate a dramatic increase in younger viewers, due to the network’s commitment to original programming such as High School Confidential, Bridezillas and Platinum Weddings.
With the success of its original series, WE tv is seeing positive results with regard to growth in key demographics. The number of younger women who are tuning in to the network has nearly doubled; WE tv is still holding strong among its competitors with the greatest amount of growth with women viewers 18-34 (+96%). The substantial growth is commensurate with the launch of the network’s quality programming such High School Confidential, Bridezillas and Platinum Weddings, which have already seen record-breaking ratings.
"As WE tv continues its mission to bring innovative original programming to television, series such as High School Confidential have brought in a younger audience that includes teens, college students, single women and mothers," said Kim Martin, EVP and General Manager of WE tv. "With such strong increase in growth, we are confident that our network’s commitment to original series targeted towards women is a driving force in our overall success."
- The premiere of Bridezillas Season 5 on June 1st was the network’s best season opener ever for this series, earning a 0.8 HH RTG / 234K W18-34 / 408K W18-49 / 316K W25-54.
- Compared to last year’s premiere, the Season 5 Bridezillas premiere was +33% higher in HH RTG, +42% higher in W18-49 delivery & +9% higher in W25-54 delivery. W18-34 delivery was more than double that of the season 4 premiere (+102%).
- This was also the best premiere ever for an original series on the network in W18-34, W18-49 & W25-54 deliveries. It ties with High School Confidential as #1 for HH rating.
- The premiere of Platinum Weddings Season 3 was also the best opener to-date for the series, posting a 0.7 HH RTG / 201K W18-34 / 359K W18-49 / 265K W25-54.
- Compared to last year’s premiere, the Season 3 Platinum Weddings premiere was +40% higher in HH RTG, +53% higher in W18-49 delivery & +9% higher in W25-54 delivery. W18-34 delivery was more than double that of the Season 2 premiere (+114%).
HIGH SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL
- Overall, High School Confidential (8 tcs) averaged a 0.4 HH RTG / 129K W18-34 / 192K W18-49 / 127K W25-54.
- Season to-date, High School Confidential ranks as #2 in terms of series average of W18-34, W18-49 and W25-54 deliveries for any completed original series on WE tv (behind Bridezillas Season 4, which completed on 10/14/07).
- High School Confidential is WE tv’s youngest original series (30.3 years) in the 07-08 season to-date.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Live Data. Prime M-Su 8p-11p delivery percent change for W18-34, W18-49 and W25-54 from 2Q07 (4/2/07-6/24/07) to 2Q08 (3/31/08-6/22/08) and season to date 06-07 (9/25/07-6/24/07) to 07-08 (10/10/07-6/22/08) among ad supported cable networks targeted to women; Bridezillas 5 prem (6/1/08) compared to prev season prem (6/17/07), Sun 9p-10p & to all orig series on WE to-date (12/31/01-6/22/08). Platinum Weddings 3 prem (6/1/08) compared to prev season prem (6/17/07), Sun 10p-10:30p. HS Confidential (3/10/08-4/28/08, Mon 10p-11p, 8 tcs) compared to all WE original series completing in 07-08 season to-date (10/1/07-6/22/08). Subject to qualification upon request.
About WE tv
WE tv (www.WEtv.com) is the premier source for women looking to satisfy their curiosity with fascinating, original stories and entertaining, informative content that is relevant to key stages of their lives. Available in more than 69 million homes, WE tv’s programming gives viewers compelling perspectives on women’s lives that range from provocative to extraordinary, including signature series like "Bridezillas" and critically-acclaimed original documentary series such as "High School Confidential." WE tv’s public affairs initiative, WE Empowers Women, is dedicated to creating programs that foster and celebrate women’s strength, confidence and diversity. The initiative’s current focus is its WE Vote ’08 campaign. WE tv is available in HD and WE tv On Demand is available in 20 million homes. WE tv is a subsidiary of Rainbow Media Holdings LLC.
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media is a leading producer of targeted, multi-platform content for global distribution, creating and managing some of the world’s most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands, including AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel, LIFESKOOL, SPORTSKOOL, and VOOM HD Networks. Through IFC Entertainment, Rainbow Media also owns and manages the following: IFC Films, a leading distribution company for independent film; IFC Productions, a feature film production company that provides financing for select independent film projects; and IFC Center, a three screen, state-of-the-art cinema in the heart of New York’s Greenwich Village. Rainbow Media also operates Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales company; Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company; and 11 Penn TV, a company that manages Rainbow Media’s NYC studios and post-production facilities.