AMC and Feeding San Diego Partner on Donation Campaign to End Hunger
Network Releases Comic-Con Key Art for “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead”
Download Images HERE
NEW YORK – JULY 1, 2019 – The cast and producers of AMC’s hit scripted series “The Walking Dead,” “Fear the Walking Dead” and “Preacher” will return to this year’s Comic-Con in San Diego, CA, with the network’s new supernatural horror series “NOS4A2” and Ridley Scott-produced anthology series “The Terror: Infamy” making their Comic-Con debut.
In addition, AMC will have a significant presence in and around San Diego with activities and partnerships including a Walker Horde, the return of the “DeadQuarters” fan zone, a partnership with Feeding San Diego, and demos of the upcoming VR game “The Walking Dead Onslaught,” among other gaming activities.
An overview of AMC’s panels is below:
- “Fear the Walking Dead” panel on Friday, July 19 from 12:00pm-1:00pm in Hall H
Panelists include cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Danay Garcia, Maggie Grace, Jenna Elfman, Alexa Nisenson, Austin Amelio, Rubén Blades and Karen David, along with chief content officer of “The Walking Dead” Universe, Scott M. Gimple, showrunners and executive producers Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, executive producers Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd and Greg Nicotero, and director and co-executive producer, Michael Satrazemis. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
**Press conference available on Friday, July 19 from 3:00-4:00pm at the Hilton Bayfront *please note, no video
- “The Walking Dead” panel on Friday, July 19 from 1:00pm-2:00pm in Hall H
Panelists include cast members Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Danai Gurira, Ryan Hurst, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Avi Nash, Nadia Hilker, Eleanor Matsuura and Cailey Fleming, along with chief content officer of “The Walking Dead” Universe, Scott M. Gimple, showrunner and executive producer Angela Kang, executive producers Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd and Greg Nicotero. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
**Press conference available on Friday, July 19 from 4:15-5:15pm at the Hilton Bayfront *please note, no video
- “Preacher” panel on Friday, July 19 from 7:00pm-8:00pm in Hall H
Panelists include executive producer Seth Rogen and cast members Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Graham McTavish and Mark Harelik. The panel will be moderated by IGN’s editor-in-chief of entertainment Terri Schwartz.
**Press conference available on Friday, July 19 from 5:30-6:00pm at the Hilton Bayfront *please note, no video
- “The Terror: Infamy” panel on Friday, July 19 from 4:45-5:35pm in Room 6A
Panelists include cast members Derek Mio, George Takei, Kiki Sukezane and Cristina Rodlo, along with co-creators and executive producers Alexander Woo and Max Borenstein. The panel will be moderated by Indiewire senior editor Hanh Nguyen.
**Press conference available on Friday, July 19 from 2:15-2:45pm at the Hilton Bayfront *please note, no video
- “NOS4A2” panel on Saturday, July 20 from 5:30pm-6:30pm in Room 6A
Panelists include cast members Zachary Quinto and Ashleigh Cummings, along with showrunner and executive producer Jami O’Brien, and author and executive producer Joe Hill. The panel will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly senior writer Clark Collis.
**Press conference available on Saturday, July 20 from 4:00pm-4:30pm at the Hilton Bayfront *please note, no video
***Space at press conferences is limited, please RSVP for confirmation***
An overview of AMC’s activations, partnerships and activities around San Diego is below:
- “DeadQuarters,” the official fan zone of “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead,” will feature a curated walk through of settings from both series, including the Winter Escape from the Season 9 finale of “TWD,” as well as an elaborate treehouse and plane crash site inspired by the Season 5 storylines in “Fear.” Fans can pre-register here to beat the lines.
- Located on Martin Luther King Promenade, in front of the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel (4th Avenue and L Street, across from the Convention Center), “DeadQuarters” will open for a press preview on Thursday, July 18 from 10:00-11:00am and to the public Thursday, July 18 through Saturday, July 20 from 11:00am-6:30pm; Sunday, July 21 from 11:00am-4:00pm.
- AMC is partnering with Feeding America and encouraging “DeadQuarters” visitors to donate canned foods throughout Comic-Con weekend to benefit the organization’s local chapter, Feeding San Diego. Donors will receive an exclusive Hilltop Token, which can be used to unlock special deals on food, retail and entertainment around San Diego. For more info and to support Feeding San Diego, click here.
The network is inviting “The Walking Dead” fans to dress as walkers for an official Walker Horde moment at Petco Park on Saturday, July 20 with doors opening at 9am. Attendees will help recreate a walker scene for a photo that will be part of an official marketing campaign for “TWD’s” milestone 10th season. Fans can register at: www.amc.com/horde.
- Ahead of the Fall release of the much-anticipated VR game, “The Walking Dead Onslaught,” AMC and gaming studio Survios will host demos at “DeadQuarters” to give Comic-Con attendees an opportunity to step into the shoes of their favorite survivors and get an exclusive sneak peek of the game. Press demos will start on Thursday, July 18 at 10:00am at “DeadQuarters.”
Additional “TWD” gaming activities at “DeadQuarters” include:
- Next Games will hold auditions for their “Become a Hero” contest, for which fans can film their best hero poses from the series for a chance to transform into a playable character in the popular location-based augmented reality mobile game, “The Walking Dead: Our World.”
- FTX Games will encourage fans to test their luck with “The Walking Dead: Slots,” a virtual slot machine on a 65” screen. Players will be given three spins for a chance to make it to the top of the leaderboard and win a year’s subscription to “The Walking Dead” Supply Drop – and every player will receive a scratch-off card to win in-game coins. FTX will also be demoing their upcoming puzzle battle role-playing game, “The Walking Dead: Outbreak.”
About “The Walking Dead”
Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, “The Walking Dead” tells the story of the months and years after a zombie apocalypse and follows a group of survivors who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The series is executive produced by chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunner Angela Kang, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Denise Huth. The series stars Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Danai Gurira, Josh McDermitt, Christian Serratos, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Ross Marquand, Khary Payton, Seth Gilliam, Avi Nash, Callan McAuliffe, Cooper Andrews, Eleanor Matsuura, Nadia Hilker, Cailey Fleming, Samantha Morton, Ryan Hurst, Cassady McClincy and Lauren Ridloff.
About “Fear the Walking Dead”
In “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 5, the group’s mission is clear: locate survivors and help make what’s left of the world a slightly better place. With dogged determination, Morgan Jones (Lennie James) leads the group with a philosophy rooted in benevolence, community and hope. Each character believes that helping others will allow them to make up for the wrongs of their pasts. But trust won’t be easily earned. Their mission of helping others will be put to the ultimate test when our group finds themselves in unchartered territory, one which will force them to face not just their pasts but also their fears. It is only through facing those fears that the group will discover an entirely new way to live, one that will leave them forever changed.
Produced by AMC Studios, “Fear the Walking Dead” is executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, as well as Robert Kirkman, David Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd and Greg Nicotero. The series stars Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Garret Dillahunt, Maggie Grace, Jenna Elfman, Alexa Nisenson, Austin Amelio, Ruben Blades and Karen David.
“Preacher,” is a dramatic thrill ride that follows West Texas preacher Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), his badass girlfriend Tulip O’Hare (Ruth Negga) and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) as they embark on a road trip to find God and are thrust into a twisted battle spanning Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between. Season 3 ended with Jesse Custer saying goodbye to his home of Angelville and reuniting with Tulip, while Herr Starr’s (Torrens) master plan for the Grail continued to advance.
The series stars Dominic Cooper, Academy Award® nominee Ruth Negga and Joseph Gilgun, along with series regulars Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, Noah Taylor, Mark Harelik and Tyson Ritter. The Sony Pictures Television-AMC Studios co-production is developed for television by executive producer and showrunner Sam Catlin and executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
About “The Terror: Infamy”
Set during World War II, the second season of “The Terror” centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese-American community, and a young man’s journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible. Season two is co-created and executive produced by showrunner Alexander Woo (“True Blood”) and Max Borenstein (“Kong: Skull Island,” “Godzilla”). The series stars renowned actor, producer, author and activist George Takei, Derek Mio, Kiki Sukezane, Miki Ishikawa, Shingo Usami, and Naoko Mori.
“The Terror” is an AMC Studios production produced by Scott Free, Emjag Productions and Entertainment 360. The show is also executive produced by Ridley Scott, Dan Simmons, David W. Zucker, Alexandra Milchan, Scott Lambert and Guymon Casady.
“NOS4A2,” the network’s new supernatural horror series based on Joe Hill’s 2013 best-selling novel of the same name, stars Emmy®-nominated actor and producer Zachary Quinto, Ashleigh Cummings Olafur Darri Olafsson, Virginia Kull, Ebon Moss-Bachrach and Jahkara Smith.
“NOS4A2” introduces Vic McQueen (Cummings), a gifted young woman who discovers she has a supernatural ability to find lost things. This ability puts her on a collision course with the evil and immortal Charlie Manx (Quinto). Manx is a supernatural villain who feeds off the souls of children then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland – a twisted place of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims – without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series with “Mad Men” in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before “Breaking Bad” won it in 2013 and 2014. The network’s series “The Walking Dead” is the highest-rated series in cable history. AMC’s other current original drama series include “Better Call Saul,” “Fear the Walking Dead,” “The Terror,” “Into the Badlands,” “Humans,” “Preacher,” “The Son,” “McMafia,” “Lodge 49,” “The Little Drummer Girl,” “NOS4A2” and the forthcoming “Dispatches from Elsewhere” and “For Life” (wt). AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like “Talking Dead,” “Talking with Chris Hardwick,” “AMC Visionaries” and “Ride with Norman Reedus.” AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
About Feeding San Diego
Feeding San Diego (FSD) is a non-profit organization on a mission to end hunger and reduce food waste. Established in 2007, FSD is the leading hunger-relief and food rescue organization in San Diego County and the only Feeding America affiliate in the region. Currently, one in eight San Diegans, including one in six children, face hunger each day. FSD provides 500,000 meals every week to children, adults and seniors in partnership with a network of 245 local charities, schools, faith communities, and food pantries. Through an efficient model focused on reducing our impact on the environment, every dollar donated helps provide four nutritious meals to people facing hunger. To learn more about Feeding San Diego and its hunger-relief initiatives, visit feedingsandiego.org.