11th Annual Horror Film Festival Marks First Time Films Will Be Offered Online
Monsterfest MicroSite Will Feature New Content, Games, Blogs and More
NEW YORK, NY, October 22, 2007 – AMC announced today an expansion in its annual horror film festival offering, Monsterfest, by providing for the first time full length feature films at amctv.com. Films include cult classics, Jack Hill's Spider Baby and Francis Ford Coppola's Dementia 13. In addition to the feature films, AMC has created a year long Monsterfest micro-site where it will host exclusive horror content including interviews with horror stars such as Linda Blair (The Exorcist) and Steve Niles (30 Days of Nights). The site launches today at www.amctv.com/monsterfest.
Since 1996, AMC's Monsterfest franchise has become a top Halloween tradition and television's most popular destination for the avid horror movie fan, offering more Halloween programming than any other network on television. Featuring 240 hours of non-stop horror films, the eleventh annual Halloween Programming Festival will kick-off with the premiere of SCREAM 3 at 8PM EST tonight, October 22, and will conclude on the 31st with a Halloween movie marathon featuring the first 6 films of the popular movie franchise.
"For the past decade, Monsterfest has been a hugely successful programming stunt for AMC and we are excited to be celebrating the 11th annual event once again across on-air, online and VOD," said Charlie Collier, EVP and GM of AMC. "This year's festival promises to be the biggest and most comprehensive showcase of horror movie films on television. "
Monsterfest will also create a multi-dimensional programming package with VOD programming to compliment the network's broadband and on-air offerings. The expansion provides MSO's with the unique ability to provide the popular horror film content as a value added service to both their VOD cable and broadband content services. Monsterfest horror films offered for VOD include: Day of the Triffids, Horror Express, My Best Friend Is A Vampire, Monster Club, Return of the Swamp Thing, and The Company of Wolves. Exclusive broadband content includes both interactive Monsterfest trivia game and downloadable scary sound ring tones.
The AMC Monsterfest micro-site will provide classic and current horror film content to viewers all year long including:
- Horror Movies in a Minute: New to amctv.com, Horror Movies in a Minute is an online condensed version of some of the films in this year's Monsterfest lineup. The one-minute version of a link promoting The Exorcist can also be e-mailed to friends or uploaded onto personal web pages or blogs.
- Monsterfest Sweepstakes: Test your knowledge as the ultimate fan of horror flicks such as Creepshow, Halloween and The Exorcist with quizzes to win 25 DVDs and other prizes beginning today and lasting through October 31st on amctv.com.
- Monsterfest Polls: Weigh in on who's the toughest monster, who's the craziest psycho, worst ways to die and other deadly deeds at amctv.com.
- Slide Shows: Photo galleries devoted to Frankenstein, Dracula and AMC's 25 favorite monsters will be available for viewing throughout the month.
- Monsterfest Blog: This daily blog is dedicated to lively pop culture discussions on zombies, vampires and the secrets behind what makes a great horror movie. Monsterfest bloggers include Harold Goldberg, author of My Life Among Serial Killers, Suzi Lorraine, an actor/model/writer who has appeared in several horror films including: The Night They Returned, Cold Blonded Murder, Chainsaw Sally 1 & 2, Last Rites and Countdown to Extinction, and Jason Morgan, movie reviewer for filmcritic.com, among others.
- The Horror Department: AMC's original weekly web series will stream seven new episodes during the month of October. The weekly series introduces you to today's hottest horror stars, special effects masters, directors and more. As part of Monsterfest the series will stream daily webisodes of the show and feature special guests Steve Niles (30 Days of Nights), Tobin Bell (Saw) Linda Blair (The Exorcist) and Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th: Part VII-VIII) shot at this year's Chiller Theatre.
AMC's MONSTERFEST 2007 will open the film vault to showcase fan-favorite horror titles and some of the scariest movies ever made throughout the event's ten days and nights, including: ALIEN RESURECTION, THE BEAST MUST DIE, BLOOD OF DRACULA, BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE, THE BRAIN EATERS, CHILDREN OF THE CORN, CHILDREN OF THE CORN II: THE FINAL SACRIFICE, CREEPSHOW, CREEPSHOW 2, THE CURSE OF THE LIVING CORPSE, DR. RENAULT'S SECRET, EARTH VS. THE SPIDER, EXORCIST, EXORCIST II : THE HERETIC, THE HOWLING, THE FLESH EATERS, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER, FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III, FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD, THE FRIGHTENERS, THE FURY, GOTHIKA, HELLBOUND: HELLRAISER II, HELLRAISER, THE HOWLING, JACK THE RIPPER, JOHN CARPENTER'S THE FOG, MAGIC, MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN, THE NINTH GATE, PET SEMATARY TWO, PINATA : SURVIVAL ISLAND, POLTERGEIST II : THE OTHER SIDE, PSYCHO, PUPPET MASTER, VIOLENT MIDNIGHT and WES CRAVEN PRESENTS:DRACULA 2000, among others.
AMC is a multi-platform network that celebrates classic movies and high-quality scripted series. Among the elite services reaching over 94,000,000 homes, AMC defines what it means to be a classic movie network today, creating a distinctive viewing experience that celebrates all that is enduringly cool, personal and powerfully relevant about movies. AMC's comprehensive library of popular movies strikes a meaningful chord with its audience, and its critically-acclaimed slate of originals all have a cinematic quality that allow them to complement and be complemented by some of the best movies of all time. A division of Rainbow Media Entertainment Services, AMCs sister divisions include WE TV and the IFC Companies. AMC is THE FUTURE OF CLASSIC.
About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media is a leading producer of targeted, multi-platform content for global distribution, creating and managing some of the world's most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands, including AMC, IFC, WE tv, LIFESKOOL, SPORTSKOOL, and VOOM HD Networks. Through its IFC Entertainment division, Rainbow Media also owns and manages the following: IFC Films, a theatrical feature film distribution company; IFC First Take/IFC in Theaters, a day and date theatrical feature film/VOD initiative; the IFC Center in New York City; IFC Productions, a feature film production company; and IFC Entertainment, which owns and operates a film library. Rainbow Media also operates Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales company, and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.