New York, NY (June 10, 2020) – AMC Networks today announced two new subscription video on demand (SVOD) bundles for Comcast’s Xfinity customers, AMC+ and WE tv+. Available to both Xfinity TV and Xfinity Flex customers, each bundle offers a comprehensive array of popular programming from AMCN’s linear television networks and its own SVOD services.
The first bundle, AMC+, includes the best original series from AMC and sister networks like SundanceTV and IFC, ad-free with early premieres on demand, along with the streaming services Shudder, Sundance Now, and IFC Films Unlimited. The AMC+ package also includes an ad-free premium linear network available on Xfinity’s electronic program guide. The price of this bundle will be $4.99 per month, to match the current price of AMC Premiere, which is being replaced by AMC+.
The second bundle, WE tv+, features programming from the company’s reality network WE tv and the UMC (Urban Movie Channel) streaming service and is also priced at $4.99 per month.
Xfinity customers will be able to enjoy both bundles over the Internet and on demand via Xfinity TV platforms including on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex, both searchable with the Xfinity Voice Remote, and across a range of devices in and out of home with Xfinity Stream. Xfinity X1 aggregates live TV, On Demand, and popular streaming apps from a growing collection of networks and streaming services. Xfinity Flex is a streaming device included with Xfinity Internet that extends the best features of X1 to Xfinity Internet customers, giving them one integrated guide to access all of their streaming video and music, as well as a TV interface to manage their Xfinity WiFi, mobile, security and automation services – all of which is controllable with voice.
Separate and distinct from these two new bundled offerings, Xfinity continues to offer AMC Networks’ premium subscription service Acorn TV, North America’s leading streaming service for British and international television.
“We have a long and fruitful history of partnering with Comcast to serve viewers and fans of our content, and these new bundles epitomize our history of innovation and ability to work collaboratively to embrace the new ways in which viewers are consuming content today,” said Josh Reader, President of Distribution and Development for AMC Networks. “Comcast has always been a valued partner, particularly in the launch of AMC Premiere, a pioneering ad-free service. With these AMC+ and WE tv+ bundles, we build on that partnership in service of our fans on both the innovative Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms. We’re confident that Xfinity customers will appreciate the value, convenience and quality of these new offerings.”
The ad-free premium subscription AMC+ bundle will consist of the following:
- AMC – offers current seasons of hit series from AMC and its sister networks like IFC and SundanceTV anytime, ad-free, including Killing Eve, NOS4A2, The Walking Dead plus extras including bonus footage, sneak peeks of future episodes and exclusive behind-the-scenes features.
- Shudder – offers fans of horror and suspense the largest uncut, ad-free selection of series and films, including original hit series Creepshow and coming soon, acclaimed documentary Horror Noire.
- Sundance Now – offers a rich selection of original and exclusive series from true crime to heart-stopping dramas and thrillers from around the world, including Discovery of Witches, Riviera and, later this year, Killing for Love.
- IFC Films Unlimited – offers a broad collection of theatrically-released and award-winning titles from IFC Films, the leader in quality talent-driven independent film.
- Linear Network – includes an ad-free linear channel with some of the best programming AMC has to offer.
The ad-free WE tv-branded bundle will include:
- WE tv – the #1 cable network for African American women and adults on Thursday and Friday nights, fueled by popular franchises including Marriage Boot Camp: Hip Hop Edition, Braxton Family Values, Growing Up Hip Hop and viral hits Love After Lockup and Life After Lockup.
- UMC (Urban Movie Channel) – the first subscription streaming service created for African American audiences, features a broad mix of original series, network TV shows, classic sitcoms, and feature films.
AMC Networks’ Acorn TV is the ultimate destination for commercial-free world class dramas, mysteries and comedies from Britain and beyond. Called “an essential must-have” by The Hollywood Reporter, Acorn TV has more than one million paid subscribers in the US and Canada.
About AMC Networks
Known for its groundbreaking and celebrated original content, AMC Networks is the company behind the award-winning brands AMC, BBC AMERICA, IFC, SundanceTV, WE tv, and IFC Films, and is a leader in targeted subscription video on demand services, with offerings including Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now and UMC (Urban Movie Channel) super serving distinct premium audiences. The Company’s diverse line-up of popular, critically-acclaimed and award-winning series and independent films include Killing Eve, Better Call Saul, and The Walking Dead, which has been the #1 show on cable television for 10 consecutive years, as well as Brockmire, Love After Lockup, landmark natural history series from the BBC, and the films Boyhood, Death of Stalin, and many more. Its original series Mad Men and Breaking Bad are widely recognized as being among the most influential and acclaimed shows in the history of TV. The Company also operates AMC Studios, its production business; AMC Networks International, its international programming business; and Levity Entertainment Group, the Company’s production services and comedy venues business. For more information, visit http://www.amcnetworks.com.