PREMIERE OF PALE RIDER RANKS AMC AS SUNDAYS
#1 AD-SUPPORTED CABLE NET
– Movie Premiere Scores as AMCs #2 Highest Rated Telecast Ever –
On Sunday, Aug 7th, AMC’s premiere of the 20th Anniversary of Pale Rider (8p-10:30p) ranked as AMC’s #2 highest rated telecast ever (2.6 HH Rtg) and helped secure the network as the #1 ad-supported cable net in primetime for the night (2.5 HH RTG 8-11p).
This week’s ratings news comes on the heels on a string of Summer weekend successes for AMC:
– Sunday’s, June 12th premiere of Two Weeks Notice delivered a 1.8 HH Rtg — with 1.6 million viewing households and over 2 million viewers
– Saturday’s, July 16th premiere of Island in the Sky delivered a 2.4 HH Rtg — with over 2 million viewing households and 3 million viewers, ranking the programming as the #1 ad-supported movie in cable for the night
– Sunday’s, July 17th premiere of The High and the Mighty delivered a 2.7 HH Rtg — with over 2.4 million viewing households and 3.3 million viewers, ranking the programming as the #1 telecast on ad-supported cable for that night, providing the network with its highest rating ever.
– Saturday’s, July 30th AMC’s airing of Independence Day delivered a 1.8 HH Rtg – with over 1.5 million viewing households and 2.1 million viewers, ranking the programming as the #1 movie telecast on ad-supported cable for that night.
In addition, both 2004 and 2005 have provided AMC with its strongest rating growth in network history.
In 2004, the network broke records in total day and prime time households, as well as key demo deliveries.
Year-to-date, 2005 is now pacing to be break AMC’s record breaking 2004 ratings, as it has celebrated its strongest first and second quarters ever in 2005, as well as its strongest July ever, and is pacing for its strongest 3rd quarter.
In 2005, AMC has become a top 15 network based on primetime Household and Adult 25-54 performance among 60 Nielsen measured cable networks.
Source: Nielsen Media Research. Pale Rider-comparison all ad-supported movie telecasts beginning at 8pm 8/7/05. Rank among all ad-supported networks broadcasting 51% or more in the 8-11p time period for each night. 2005 rank among all ad-suported cable nets 12/27/04-7/31/05. Additional qualifications available upon request.