AMC's amazing momentum continues with record ratings performance in first quarter (Q1 05), second quarter (Q2 05), and now third quarter (Q3 05), ranking the 04/05 season as the network's strongest season EVER. Among all past season performances, the 04/05 season (Oct 04 – Sept 05) is the network's strongest in delivery of HH and key demos in every daypart. In addition, September 2005 ranked as AMC's highest September ever in Household delivery. With such continued ratings success, 2005 is pacing to be the network's best year in its history.
"AMC has attained all time record highs each quarter of the season among households, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 delivery. And this momentum is not just in primetime, but extends across all dayparts," said Charlene Weisler, SVP Research Rainbow Networks. "These results are truly remarkable and we are thrilled with AMC's record breaking growth."
AMC's 04/05 season ratings highlights include:
- Among all past season performances, the 04/05 season is AMC's strongest in delivery of HH and key demos in every daypart.
- Across every daypart, AMC has shown key demo growth year to year.
- In Primetime, AMC is a top 20 network in HH Ratings, HH delivery & Adult 18-49 deliveries, and a top 15 in Adult 25-54 delivery.
Recently announced third quarter results include:
- AMC's 3Q 2005 performance is the networks strongest quarter EVER in primetime ratings, Household delivery, as well as A18-49 & A25-54 deliveries.
- Across all dayparts, 3Q 05 yielded AMC's highest HH, 18-49 & 25-54 deliveries compared to prior quarterly performances in addition to showing double-digit growth in key demos.
- For the quarter in Primetime, AMC is a top entertainment network*:
#13 in HH Ratings
#11 in HH Delivery
#10 in Adult 25-54 delivery
#14 in Adult 18-49 delivery
Source: Nielsen Media Research, M-Su 8-11p. Season 9/20/04-9/25/05. 3Q05 6/27/05-9/25/05. *Rank among all entertainment networks broadcasting more than 51% of the daypart excluding news and sports.
AMC, a division of Rainbow Media's Entertainment Services, which also includes WE: Women's Entertainment and IFC Companies, is a 24-hour, movie-based network, dedicated to the American movie fan. The network, which reaches over 86,000,000 homes, offers a comprehensive library of popular movies and a critically-acclaimed slate of original programming that is a diverse, movie-based mix of original series, documentaries and specials. AMC has garnered many of the industry's highest honors, including 14 Emmy awards. AMC is "TV for movie people."