(CHICAGO) – Fox Sports Net is the television home of the Chicago Blackhawks featuring the most extensive coverage of the Hawks' return trip to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Fox Sports Net will provide exclusive, live coverage of up to five games of their best-of-seven Western Conference opening round series against the St. Louis Blues, including two home games from the United Center.
The Blackhawks will travel to St. Louis for Game 1 on Thursday, April 18 at 6:00 PM beginning with the Dodge of Midlothian Blackhawks PRE hosted by Eric Goodman and Troy Murray at 5:30 PM. Pat Foley and Billy Gardner will call the first puck drop at 6:00 PM with the Fifth Third Bank Blackhawks POST immediately following the game.
Fox Sports Net will carry consecutive Blackhawk home playoff games with exclusive United Center coverage on Sunday, April 21 at 6:00 PM for Game 3 and Tuesday, April 23 at 7:00 PM for Game 4. Fox Sports Net's home game coverage will be enhanced with additional cameras, bench microphones, plus, both games will be surrounded by half-hour pre-game, post-game and 15-minute period intermission shows live from the United Center.
"The playoffs are a special time for all Blackhawk fans and we plan to give our viewers the very best home and road coverage of this team's triumphant return to the Stanley Cup Playoffs," said James J. Corno, Senior Vice President/General Manager for Fox Sports Net Chicago.
The following is the Blackhawks opening round telecast schedule on FSN:
* GAME 1: Thursday, April 18, 6:00 PM – Blackhawks at Blues (St. Louis, MO)
* GAME 3: Sunday, April 21, 6:00 PM – Blues at Blackhawks (United Center)
* GAME 4: Tuesday, April 23, 7:00 PM – Blues at Blackhawks (United Center)
* GAME 5: Thursday, April 25, 6:00 PM – Blackhawks at Blues (St. Louis, MO)
* GAME 7: Monday, April 29, 6:00 PM – Blackhawks at Blues (St. Louis, MO)
* if necessary
Featured FSN highlights for Blackhawks Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage includes:
Dodge of Midlothian Blackhawks PRE –
* Eric Goodman and Troy Murray to host show live from the United Center for home games
* On-ice, pre-game skate player interviews with Jim Blaney
* Live, remote fan reaction shots for road telecasts from area establishments
* Thorough player and team match-up analysis for all games
LIVE GAME ENHANCEMENTS –
* Period intermissions live from the United Center for home games
* Player interviews during first and second intermission of all games
* New camera spots include player tunnel and bench shots from the U.C.
* Robotic, overhead camera set up on U.C. scoreboard
* Microphone set up on Blackhawks bench
Fifth Third Bank Blackhawks POST –
* Post-game locker room interviews with players and coaches
* Head Coach Brian Sutter's post-game press conference
* Comprehensive post-game analysis and highlights package
* Complete recap of other NHL playoff teams in action
Fox Sports Net Chicago reaches more than 3.7 million households in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin. Fox Sports Net Chicago is managed by Rainbow Sports Networks, a division of Cablevision's Rainbow Media Holdings, Inc. Fox Sports Net Chicago's programming includes Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs baseball, Chicago Bulls basketball and Chicago Blackhawks hockey, along with select NASCAR and PGA Tour coverage.
Fox Sports Net reaches more than 78 million households nationwide and is a service of National Sports Partners, equally owned by Cablevision's Rainbow Media Holdings, Inc. and Fox Entertainment Group. Rainbow Sports Networks incorporates Rainbow's 50% ownership of Fox Sports Net and Fox Sports National Advertising and the ownership and management of Fox Sports Net regional networks in five of the nation's largest markets: Chicago, Florida, Ohio, New England and San Francisco.