Quality Video-On-Demand Content to Expand Distribution to Broadcasters in Europe and the Middle East
New York, NY – January 3, 2007 – Rainbow Media Holdings LLC ("Rainbow") has added a swarm of new international broadcasters to the growing reach of its Mag Rack video-on-demand (VOD) content. iD Distribution's latest round of deals delivers several Mag Rack titles into the United Kingdom, Sweden, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the Middle East. Continuing Rainbow's international expansion, the deals represent 319 VOD segments. Today's announcement was made by Glenn Oakley, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Rainbow Media.
Launched in 2001 in the United States, Mag Rack is the ultimate on-demand television service, delivering made-for-VOD programming that fully engages consumers and provides them with compelling, personalized television. Mag Rack is available to 12 million on-demand customers in 50 U.S. markets, and several of its series were sold into Scandinavia, Hungary and Greece earlier this year.
"Our continued momentum with Rainbow's stable of brands is truly a testament to the international appeal of this top-quality programming," said Sally Miles, iD's Managing Director. "With Mag Rack, buyers are getting a rich array of series that speak to the diverse tastes of their viewers' evolving, on-the-go lifestyles. Mag Rack is a truly progressive brand to be working with in the VOD marketplace."
"We're very pleased with iD's success with Mag Rack in the international marketplace, and we are equally pleased with the growing worldwide adoption of the video-on-demand platform," said Oakley in announcing the sales. "More and more broadcasters are recognizing the strength of VOD as a fundamental part of their offerings, and we look forward to delivering them the best VOD has to offer."
Added Dan Ronayne, Mag Rack General Manager: "Over the years, Mag Rack has really come of age in the United States, and it's refreshing to see the brand's continued strength in finding new audiences internationally."
The newest round of international Mag Rack deals includes:
- Inside Weddings (11 x 15') – Sold to Wedding TV (United Kingdom), TV7 (Sweden), Club Channel (Poland & Hungary), CTC Domashy Network (Russia) and Spektrum (Czech Republic). Produced by theknot.com, Inside Weddings is packed with valuable advice on everything from gowns and formal wear, flowers and photography to unique places to celebrate.
- Mama Gena (20 x 15') – Sold to TV7 (Sweden) and Club Channel (Central & Eastern Europe). In this "school of womanly arts," Mama Gena's lessons teach women to take control of their power of pleasure to have their way with the world and men, with each episode offering new tips and techniques.
- Wild Wheels (24 x 15') – Eight segments sold to TV4 (Sweden) and 24 sold to Prava/Prevodi (Bosnia & Herzegovina). This series takes viewers into a world of crazy cars-rock crawlers, aqua cars, modified stretch limos, mud/ice racers and more-for a drive on the wild side.
- Let's Go Garden (36 x 15') – Sold to ACE (Russia). Let's Go Garden, hosted by Jackie Albarella, focuses on the practical side of gardening with projects real people can achieve whether a beginning gardener or a passionate green thumb.
- Motorcycle Freedom (34 x 10') – Sold to Ananey (Israel). These short segment programs take viewers onto the open road with a virtual ride on some of the latest superbikes.
- Smart Carb Gourmet (53 x 10') – Sold to Ananey (Israel) and Takayal (Middle East). In this series, nine of Manhattan's top culinary stars deliver step-by-step instructions to their signature, low-carb meals that are quick, easy to prepare and pleasing to the palette.
Additionally, iD Distribution has added the following new Mag Rack titles to its international catalogue:
- Buff (10 x 10') – From buff in a bikini or heels to buff in a backless or pushup, these segments give viewers all the tips and tricks they need to be perfectly buff this summer.
- The Pet Shop (25 x 5') – These fun and informative segments offer answers to questions and allow viewers to understand pets from the animal's point of view.
Since launching its global expansion initiative just over a year ago, Rainbow Media-through iD Distribution-has sold more than 1000 hours of programming from its VOOM HD, WE tv, IFC, Mag Rack and sportskool brands to broadcasters all over the world, including China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Lebanon, Australia, New Zealand and India.
About iD Distribution
iD Distribution is a dynamic company launched in 2004 with the investment backing of Ingenious Media. Working with some of the top UK and US production companies and broadcasters representing a new and exciting catalogue of programs and formats in the entertainment, factual, reality and lifestyle genres, iD Distribution is committed to providing the best service to production companies and broadcasters.
About Mag Rack
Mag Rack ignites viewers' interests and establishes On Demand television as an entertainment destination. The premier On Demand television network, Mag Rack helps viewers get into the things they love–from cars to guitars, motorcycles to fitness, kids shows to video games, relationships to pets–by showcasing expert on-air personalities and dynamic programs that inspire them to go even further. Mag Rack is the first television network to produce original entertainment created exclusively for on-demand. With shows such as Katie Brown @ Home, 24seven gamer, Guitar Xpress, The Pet Shop with Marc Morrone and John Lithgow's Paloozaville, Mag Rack's "TV for Whatever Turns You On" puts the viewer in control of their own potential by providing 24/7 "always on" programming that is truly exciting and that cannot be found elsewhere on television.
About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media creates and manages some of the country's most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands including popular national and regional television channels AMC, fuse, The Independent Film Channel (IFC), WE tv, and two FSN affiliated regional sports networks managed by Rainbow Sports Networks. The company also manages Mag Rack and sportskool, two original on-demand networks; VOOM HD Networks, the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere; IFC Entertainment, its film distribution, production and exhibition division; Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales division; and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.