Latest Sales Add Six New Countries to Last Year’s Stream of Successes
New York, NY – February 12, 2007 – Building on the steady flow of international activity for its portfolio of brands, Rainbow Media Holdings LLC (“Rainbow”) has announced several new sales for its Women’s Entertainment (WE tv) programming. The deals-concluded by London-based iD Distribution-take WE tv content into Poland, Hungary, Ukraine, The Netherlands, Australia and Brazil, and expand WE’s offerings with broadcasters in previously announced territories. In 2006, WE tv series were sold to the UK, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Turkey, Finland, Korea, the Middle East and New Zealand.
Currently seen in over 61 million U.S. homes, WE tv is the only cable network dedicated to helping women connect to one another and the world around them. WE’s original programming-under the direction of Executive Vice President/General Manager Kim Martin-has garnered record ratings, with 2006 being the best year in WE tv history for primetime delivery of household & core demographics.
“It is truly energizing to see WE’s success transcend borders,” said Martin. “These latest international sales are a testament to the high standards to which we hold our content. We have had a record 2006 and look forward to seeing an even brighter…and worldlier 2007.”
“When we announced the last series of WE tv programming sales, we were pleased with the progress, but we never imagined the brand would achieve this level of sustained strength in the international marketplace,” said Oakley in announcing the sales. “This slew of international deals is a testament to the quality original programming that WE tv offers.”
Added Emma Simpkins , iD’s Head of Sales: “As we continue to represent Rainbow’s wonderful stable of niche brands in the international marketplace, we are seeing the global interest in these properties grow exponentially. WE tv has been particularly well-received, and we cannot wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for growth.”
The newest round of international WE tv deals includes:
- Secret Lives of Women (9 x 60′ and 12 x 60′) – Series 1 & 2 sold to Kino Channel (Ukraine), Series 1 sold to Sky Network Television (New Zealand) and SBS (Netherlands), and five episodes to Discovery (UK). This series explores the double-lives that some women lead, from plastic surgery addicts and anorexics to forensic sex investigators and shopaholics.
- Platinum Weddings (12 x 30′) – Sold to TV4 Plus (Sweden), Wedding TV and CEE (UK) and CJ Media (Korea). From hand-printed invitations to engraved party favours and custom gowns by couture designers, this series brings viewers the breathtaking design and irresistible romance of several extravagant weddings.
- Making Love Happen with Lou Paget (1 x 60′) – Sold to Wedding TV and CEE (UK). Certified sex educator and best-selling author Lou Paget helps couples get right down to the heart of the matter and answers everyone’s questions about relationships and sex.
- Katrina Weddings: A Second Chance (1 x 60′) – Sold to Wedding TV and CEE (UK) and Sky Network Television (New Zealand). In this uplifting special, two couples whose wedding plans were put on hold because of Hurricane Katrina get the surprise of their lives.
- I Can’t Believe I Wore That (4 x 60′) – Sold to Club Channel (Poland/Hungary), Star! (Sweden), CJ Media (Korea) and Ananey (Israel). Hosted by ’70s icon Bo Derek, who made beaded braids famous, and comedian Dave Coulier (Full House), this style series explores the designs people once died for and now can’t believe they ever wore.
- Daddy’s Little Spoiled Girl (12 x 30′) – Sold to Club Channel (Poland/Hungary) and Foxtel (Australia). In this compelling original series, WE looks at father/daughter duos who take the expression “daddy’s little girl” to new heights.
- Bride vs. Bride (6 x 60′) – Sold to Wedding TV and CEE (UK). Is the messiest, craziest and most uncivilized way to get a dream wedding, brides, grooms and their wedding parties-wearing their wedding best-compete in physical and mental challenges in order to win cash and a variety of prizes for dream weddings.
- Swimsuit Secrets Revealed (1 x 60′) – Sold to Kino Channel (Ukraine) and CJ Media (Korea). This fashion special was created to help viewers sidestep the celery-and-water diet by offering all the tips and tricks they’ll need to look their best on the beach this summer.
New international sales were also announced for the ULTRA HD production Style Me With Rachel Hunter, which airs on Rainbow’s WE tv. Style Me with Rachel Hunter (2 x 60′ and 6 x 30′) was sold to Club Channel (Poland/Hungary), Kino Channel (Ukraine), Living (New Zealand) and Globosat (Brazil). In this reality-based show, 12 contestants vie for $10,000 in cash and the chance to be the next top celebrity stylist for series host Rachel Hunter.
Since launching its global expansion initiative just over a year ago, Rainbow Media-through iD Distribution-has sold more than 1,000 hours of programming from its VOOM HD, WE tv, IFC, Mag Rack and sportskool brands to broadcasters all over the world, including China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Lebanon, Australia, New Zealand and India.
About iD Distribution
iD Distribution is a dynamic company launched in 2004 with the investment backing of Ingenious Media. Working with some of the top UK and US production companies and broadcasters representing a new and exciting catalogue of programs and formats in the entertainment, factual, reality and lifestyle genres, iD Distribution is committed to providing the best service to production companies and broadcasters.
About WE tv
WE tv is the only cable network dedicated to helping women connect to one another and the world around them. With quality original programming including the hit series “Bridezillas,” unique movie packages like “Cinematherapy,” topical specials and its public affairs initiative WE Empowers Women, the network supports women and appeals to their interests in pop culture, relationships and personal style. WE tv is a subsidiary of Rainbow Entertainment Services and is currently seen in 62 million homes.
About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media creates and manages some of the country’s most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands including popular national and regional television channels AMC, fuse, The Independent Film Channel (IFC), WE tv, and two FSN affiliated regional sports networks managed by Rainbow Sports Networks. The company also manages Mag Rack and sportskool, two original on-demand networks; VOOM HD Networks, the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere; IFC Entertainment, its film distribution, production and exhibition division; Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales division; and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.