MONSTERFEST X to Capture Eyeballs on AMCTV.com With Original Content and Game Elements to Complement on Air MONSTERFEST X Movie Marathon
NEW YORK, NY, August 30, 2006 – This year’s MONSTERFEST X, the tenth annual Halloween movie marathon on AMC, is launching a major Internet component on the AMC website (www.amctv.com/monsterfest) on October 2. Among the many interactive elements and games to celebrate Halloween, the AMCTV.com site will feature ghost stories and urban legends audio clips available for download and a dedicated MONSTERFEST X video player.
This marks the first time the site will offer online-only short-form video, and original audio content for download. In addition, MONSTERFEST X has a multi-platform offering, including exclusive content in broadband and VOD, where viewers can watch exclusive titles through AMC’s affiliates.
The MONSTERFEST X site will feature:
- Broadband: 10 short-form horror clips called “Short Screamers” and clips of 10 of our favorite monsters from MONSTERFEST X; 10 audio ghost stories for each night of MONSTERFEST X.
- Ghost Stories: 10 short horror/urban legend tales-text and audio versions.
- Downloadables: Wallpapers and IM icons of 10 of our favorite monsters from MONSTERFEST X, and 10 downloadable horror/urban legend audio clips.
- Horror IQ Trivia Game: Several rounds of horror movie trivia with video-based answers; challenge a friend to a monster duel over knowledge of the horror movie genre.
- Top 10 Monsters: short “bios” and quick facts about 10 of our favorite monsters from MONSTERFEST X, with wallpapers, IM icons and video clips for each.
- MONSTERFEST X movie marathon TV schedule: complete up-to-date listings, movie details and sign-up for tune-in reminders.
Since 1996, AMC’s MONSTERFEST franchise has become a top Halloween tradition and television’s most popular destination for the avid horror movie fan, offering more Halloween programming than any other network on television. This year’s festival, from October 22 – 31, promises to be the biggest and most comprehensive showcase of horror on television.
AMC, a division of Rainbow Media’s Entertainment Services, which also includes WE tv and IFC Companies, is a 24-hour, movie-based network, dedicated to the American movie fan. The network, which reaches over 88,000,000 homes, offers a comprehensive library of popular movies and a critically-acclaimed slate of original programming that is a diverse, movie-based mix of original series, documentaries and specials. AMC has garnered many of the industry’s highest honors, including 14 Emmy awards. AMC is “TV for movie people.”
About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media creates and manages some of the country’s most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands including popular national and regional television channels AMC, fuse, The Independent Film Channel (IFC), WE tv, and two FSN affiliated regional sports networks managed by Rainbow Sports Networks. The company also manages Mag Rack and sportskool, two original on-demand networks; VOOM HD Networks, the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere; IFC Entertainment, its film distribution, production and exhibition division; Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales division; and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.