AU$6.99 per month or annual subscriptions available for AU$69.99
Sign Up Now for a Free Trial!
“An essential must-have… (with) well-written, beautifully acted and surprisingly compelling scripted television.” –The Hollywood Reporter
“Netflix for the Anglophile” –NPR
Tuesday September 17, 2019 – Acorn TV, North America’s most popular streaming service for British and international television, has debuted its biggest collection of compelling drama since the service launched in Australia last year.
Called “Netflix for the Anglophile” by NPR and featuring “the most robust, reliable selection of European, British, Canadian and Australian shows” according to The New York Times, Acorn TV has carefully curated a world-class library of captivating crime thrillers, addictive dramas and intriguing mysteries for the Australian market.
The ad-free streaming service offers Australian audiences instant access to their favourite British and international dramas and crime shows to stream in the one place for the first time.
- The only place to stream all seasons of beloved British police dramas George Gently and Foyle’s War;
- Peabody and BAFTA Award-winning serial crime drama Broadchurch, starring Oscar-winner Olivia Colman and Doctor Who’s David Tennant, with Seasons 2 and 3 to be added in the coming weeks;
- All three seasons of Irish detective drama Jack Taylor, starring Game of Thrones’ Iain Glen;
- The complete collection of Selfridge, starring Jeremy Piven as the eponymous department store impresario and the Night Manager’s Catherine Kelly;
- Seasons 1-5 of cherished romantic comedy series Cold Feet, starring James Nesbitt, Hermione Norris and Helen Baxendale;
- Classic, detective series Midsomer Murders (Seasons 1-3), Britain’s longest running detective series;
- Season One of critically acclaimed costume drama Victoria, starring The Cry and Doctor Who star Jenna Coleman;
- Seasons 1-3 of 1950s detective drama Grantchester;
- Record-breaking ratings hit and critically acclaimed series Line of Duty (Seasons 1-4), dubbed “king of the crime dramas” by The Telegraph UK;
- The first two seasons of popular, long-running medical comedy drama Doc Martin starring Martin Clunes, with more seasons to be added in coming weeks;
- Acorn Original Series Agatha Raisin, starring Ashley Jensen as the titular amateur sleuth;
- The first two seasons of beloved Australian drama Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries starring Essie Davis;
- Six-part crime series Partners in Crime, starring Little Britain’s David Walliams and Call the Midwife’s Jessica Raine, based on the Agatha Christie Tommy and Tuppence novels;
- All series of British period drama The Bletchley Circle, featuring Line of Duty’s Anna Maxwell Martin and Peaky Blinders star Sophie Rundle;
- Three-part BBC One/HBO miniseries Gunpowder from Game of Thrones star Kit Harington, based on the Gunpowder Plot in London 1605; and
- Season One of British sci-fi drama Humans, starring Crazy Rich Asians’ Gemma Chan.
Australians can access Acorn TV through a wide range of devices including IOS (iPad and iPhone), Android (phone and Tablet), Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast or by visiting acorn.tv. They can start watching now by signing up for a free trial, then for only AU$6.99 per month or an annual subscription for AU$69.99.
Kerensa Samanidis, GM for Acorn TV International, said, “Australia has always been an important market to Acorn TV, so we’re thrilled to expand our content offering with even more high quality British and international productions. We’re proud to launch a destination for lovers of quality British TV, and we’ve carefully curated a wide selection of award-winning and beloved British series for Australian viewers to enjoy.
“Our ambition is to be the go-to service for Australians who want to enjoy quality drama without having to search through endless choices for something to watch. Having carefully listened to some of our early customers, we’ve broadened our British TV offer but also added some cherished Australian dramas. Acorn TV is a truly unique entertainment service in the Australian market, and we hope you love watching the shows as much as we do!”
New shows, including yet-to-be-announced Australian premieres, will join the Acorn TV lineup in the coming months, ensuring that Acorn TV viewers are never short on great drama to catch up on.
Follow Acorn TV Australia –
About RLJ Entertainment
A privately owned subsidiary of AMC Networks, RLJ Entertainment, Inc. is a premium digital channel company serving distinct audiences primarily through its popular OTT branded channels, Acorn TV (British TV) and UMC (Urban Movie Channel), which have rapidly grown through development, acquisition, and distribution of its exclusive rights to a large library of international and British dramas, independent feature films and urban content. RLJE’s titles are also distributed in multiple formats including broadcast and pay television, theatrical and non-theatrical, DVD, Blu-ray, UHD, and a variety of digital distribution models (including EST, VOD, SVOD and AVOD) in North America, the United Kingdom, and Australia. Additionally, through Acorn Media Enterprises, its UK development arm, RLJE commissions and co-produces new programs and owns 64% of Agatha Christie Limited. For more information, please visit RLJENTERTAINMENT.COM, ACORN.TV, and UMC.TV