VOOM Brings Home 5 Gold, 6 Silver and 3 Bronze Awards
New York, NY – June 20, 2008, VOOM HD Networks, the world’s largest suite of high-definition channels, was presented with 14 individual 2008 Promax/BDA Promotion & Marketing Awards honoring television’s top promotion, marketing and design excellence at last night’s Promax/BDA conference in New York City.
"We are thrilled to again receive this prestigious recognition from PROMAX and BDA for the third consecutive year we’ve participated in this awards program," said Greg Moyer, general manager of VOOM HD Networks. "These accolades speak to VOOM’s commitment to excellence and I congratulate our entire staff on this honor."
The Promax/BDA conference annually gathers the world’s top marketing and design executives in the electronic media. VOOM HD Networks’ 14 awards for promotion and design join the 78 previous Promax and BDA statuettes collected by the programmer over the last four years.
"We were definitely blown away by just how much fantastic work was submitted for consideration," said Jonathan Block-Verk, President of Promax/BDA. "Yet, several campaigns definitely emerged as the most innovative, effective and creative."
VOOM HD Networks 2008 PROMAX Awards Include:
- Promotion Items Holiday/Special Event (single) – Monsters HD "Day of the Dead" Thanksgiving Stunt Press Promotion
- General Branding/Image Campaign (multiple) – Kung Fu HD Elements
- Marketing Video/Presentation-Internal – Family Room HD "Story Of" Image Spot
- Funniest Promo – Monsters HD Mary Margaret
- Sports Program Promotion Campaign Using Integrated Media (multiple) – Rush HD "The Thin Line" campaign
- Live Event Spot (single) – Worldsport HD CFL On Worldsport
- Use of an Original Composition in a Promo – Kung Fu HD Wind
- Sound Design – Kung Fu HD Holiday Spot
- Entertainment Program Campaign (multiple) – Rave HD Gilmour Teases "The Wall & Dark Side"
- Design – Rave HD Beautiful Noise Season 2
VOOM HD Networks 2008 BDA Awards Include:
- Art Direction & Design: Image Campaign – Kung Fu HD "Element" IDs
- Art Direction & Design: Topical Campaign – Rush HD "Focused" Season 4 Campaign
- Art Direction & Design: ID – Kung Fu HD "Wind" ID
- Sports-Open – Gameplay HD "Tournament Open"
About VOOM HD Networks
The VOOM HD Networks (www.voom.com) comprise the world’s largest suite of high-definition channels. VOOM HD Networks carry programming produced exclusively in true high-definition and 5.1 Dolby® Digital surround sound, in categories as diverse as sports, movies, fashion, music and art. The VOOM HD Networks’ 15 HDTV channels are available in the U.S. on Cablevision’s iO digital cable service. A 24/7 global VOOM HD channel is widely distributed throughout Asia and Europe. Rush HD, its second global channel, is distributed in the UK and Ireland on BSkyB, one of the world’s premier platforms. Building on Rainbow Media Holdings LLC’s history of original programming innovation, the VOOM HD Networks were developed by Rainbow to meet the growing worldwide demand for quality high-definition programming.
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media is a leading producer of targeted, multi-platform content for global distribution, creating and managing some of the world’s most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands, including AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel, LIFESKOOL, SPORTSKOOL, and VOOM HD Networks. Through IFC Entertainment, Rainbow Media also owns and manages the following: IFC Films, a leading distribution company for independent film; IFC Productions, a feature film production company that provides financing for select independent film projects; and IFC Center, a three screen, state-of-the-art cinema in the heart of New York’s Greenwich Village. Rainbow Media also operates Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales company; Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company; and 11 Penn TV, a company that manages Rainbow Media’s NYC studios and post-production facilities.