ONE-HOUR SPECIAL "KICK UP YOUR HEELS" AIRS FEBRUARY 14th at 8pm
New York, January 11, 2007 – VOOM's ULTRA HD -called "TV's Chicest channel" by Fashion Week Daily– will present KICK UP YOUR HEELS: A FULL FRONTAL FASHION SPECIAL, a one-hour program celebrating women's obsession with fabulous shoes, on February 14th, 2007 at 8pm ET. Model/actress Beth Ostrosky, will serve as the guest host for this magazine style program, with special reporting from Full Frontal's correspondents Lloyd Boston, James Aguiar, Christina Ha and Judy Licht. Highlights of the segments in this program include:
- An insider's look into Glamour magazine's accessory closet which boasts over 200 pairs of shoes
- A trip to Ferragamo's shoe factory in Florence, Italy for a behind-the-scenes look at the incredible step-by-step process of making a pair of high-end shoes
- A conversation with Dr. Gail Saltz, a psychoanalyst who will help explain women's passionate attachment to shoes
- Special interviews with hot shoe designer Stuart Weitzman and trendy new-comer Holly Dunlap
- "Where'd Ya Get That?", featuring women on the street talking about where they bought their fabulous shoes, how much they paid for them and why they had to have them
- A countdown of the top ten must-have shoes
- Tips on how to shop for vintage shoes
- A conversation with young designer Blake Mycoskie, to learn about his company TOMS – for every pair of shoes they sell, they give a pair to someone in need
- Three women who are making major footwear faux pas are plucked off the street and taken to Lord & Taylor for extreme shoe makeovers
Walking the runways since early childhood, host Beth Ostrosky is an established model; and became a household name when she began dating "The King of All Media" Howard Stern. Ostrosky has been seen on the covers of many magazines including FHM, Razor and Hamptons and has made appearances in films like Flirting with Disaster and Whipped. Ostrosky still continues to model, and men have come to love her for her swimsuit calendars.
FULL FRONTAL FASHION, is the best-known, most authoritative television program in fashion, and offers comprehensive, insider coverage of the fashion industry. The show provides up-close coverage from the catwalks and all the action backstage, with interviews and commentary by leading editors, designers and models, and party coverage by celeb photographer Patrick McMullan. Throughout the year, the Full Frontal team goes to the world's top runways, from Paris to Milan to Miami and more.
A must-see program for fashionistas, FULL FRONTAL FASHION is produced in stunning high definition by ULTRA HD, one of the VOOM HD Networks-an innovative collection of 15 high-definition channels covering lifestyle, art, travel and culture, movies, sport, news and more. ULTRA HD is currently available nationally on Channel 9478 on the DISH satellite system. ULTRA HD presents a 24/7, commercial-free slate of high fashion and lifestyle programming, in superb quality 1080i HD and 5.1 Dolby® Digital Surround Sound, offering an unparalleled way to experience the textures, colors and vivid details of the world of design.
About VOOM HD Networks
The VOOM HD Networks (www.voom.com) are the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere. Produced exclusively in true high definition and 5.1 Dolby® digital surround sound for distribution in the U.S. through satellite and cable operators, the 15 VOOM HD Networks carry programming in categories as diverse as sports, movies, fashion, music and art. The VOOM HD Networks are commercial-free and available nationally on Echostar's DISH Network. Developed by Rainbow Media to meet the growing demand for quality high definition programming, the VOOM HD Networks build on Rainbow Media's history of original programming innovation.
About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media creates and manages some of the country's most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands including popular national and regional television channels AMC, fuse, The Independent Film Channel (IFC), WE tv, and two FSN affiliated regional sports networks managed by Rainbow Sports Networks. The company also manages Mag Rack and sportskool, two original on-demand networks; VOOM HD Networks, the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere; IFC Entertainment, its film distribution, production and exhibition division; Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales division; and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.