Over 650 Hours of Festive Programming Airing Exclusively on AMC in December
Including National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, The Polar Express And More — All Headlined by the Beloved Classic Elf
Celebrated with the First-Ever “Best Christmas Ever in NYC Sweepstakes” in Honor of the Film’s 20th Anniversary
Shudder and AMC+ To Premiere Holiday Horror Film The Sacrifice Game andAll-New Joe Bob’s Creepy Christmas Special
View “Best Christmas Ever” Promo HERE
NEW YORK – November 1, 2023 – Get the eggnog ready! AMC and AMC+ are set to once again celebrate the holiday season with the return of the annual “Best Christmas Ever” event beginning November 26 running through December 26. With over 650 hours of holiday programming, AMC’s jolly lineup has something for everyone in the family including beloved classics such as National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Polar Express and Elf, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary. In honor of the milestone celebration, AMC has partnered with Warner Bros. Discovery for the official “Best Christmas Ever in NYC Sweepstakes,” launching on November 7, where fans can enter to win an all-expenses paid four-day trip this December to New York City to walk in the footsteps of Buddy the Elf. Five winners and their guests will be treated to a fully curated experience including visits to iconic stops such as the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Macy’s, Central Park and more.
Shudder and AMC+ will serve up holiday thrills as the exclusive streaming home to original film The Sacrifice Game, as well as a new special from The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs, Joe Bob’s Creepy Christmas. AMC+ also invites viewers to get merry (and scary) with special collections, including “The Nice List” featuring Vince Vaughn’s holiday rom-com Christmas with the Campbells, starring Justin Long and Brittany Snow, and “The Naughty List” featuring IFC Films’ Silent Night starring Keira Knightley (Love Actually) and Shudder thriller The Apology starring Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad), among others.
For the full “Best Christmas Ever” lineup on AMC and AMC+, please click HERE. “Best Christmas Ever” programming highlights include:
The Sacrifice Game – Debuts December 8 on Shudder and AMC+
It’s bad enough that boarding school students Samantha and Clara can’t go home for the holidays, but things take a deadly turn when a murderous gang arrives at their doorstep – just in time for Christmas. Starring Mena Massoud (Aladdin) and Olivia Scott Welch (Lucky Hank, Fear Street).
Joe Bob’s Creepy Christmas – Debuts LIVE on Friday, December 15 on Shudder TV and AMC+ TV
Joe Bob and Darcy deck the bloody halls with a double-helping of yuletide horror while raising money for the less-fortunate… and this year, they get a little help from Ol’ Saint Nick himself.
*Available on demand beginning December 17.
Christmas with the Campbells – Debuts November 30 at 10pm on AMC; Currently Available on AMC+
The traditional holiday romcom gets a new spin from Vince Vaughn (Fred Claus), Peter Billingsley (A Christmas Story) and Dan Lagana (American Vandal). When Jesse gets dumped right before the holidays by her boyfriend Shawn, his parents convince her to still spend Christmas with them and Shawn’s handsome cousin while Shawn is away. Starring Brittany Snow (Pitch Perfect), Justin Long (He’s Just Not That Into You), Alex Moffat (Saturday Night Live), Joanna Garcia Swisher (Sweet Magnolias), Julia Duffy (Newhart, Designing Women) and George Wendt (Cheers).
Silent Night – Currently Available on AMC+
Parents Nell and Simon have invited their closest friends to join their family for Christmas dinner at their idyllic home in the English countryside. As the group comes together, it feels like old times – but behind all of the laughter and merriment, something is not quite right. The world outside is facing impending doom, and no amount of gifts, games or Prosecco can make mankind’s imminent destruction go away. Surviving the holidays just got a lot more complicated. The darkly comedic drama stars Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Roman Griffin Davis, Annabelle Wallis, Lily-Rose Depp, Ṣọpé Dìrísù, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Lucy Punch, Rufus Jones and Trudie Styler among others.
The Apology – Currently Available on Shudder and AMC+
Starring Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad), Linus Roache (Law & Order) and Janeane Garofalo (Wet Hot American Summer), The Apology picks up with recovering alcoholic Darlene Hagen 20 years after the disappearance of her daughter, as she’s preparing to host her family’s Christmas celebration with her best friend Gretchen. Late Christmas Eve, Darlene’s estranged ex-brother-in-law Jack arrives unannounced, bearing nostalgic gifts and a heavy secret. Soon, Darlene finds herself caught between reason and ruthless instinct. Trapped together by a dangerous storm, a battle of wits escalates to a violent game of revenge.
Viewers are also invited to settle in for holiday themed nights on AMC with the merriest movie lineups including:
- Classic Christmas Marathon on November 27 featuring family favorites including Rankin- Bass specials (Jack Frost, Rudolph’s Shiny New Year, The First Christmas Snow, Rudolph and Frosty’s Christmas in July, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, Frosty’s Winter Wonderland), White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (1947) and March of the Wooden Soldiers.
- Christmas Candy Marathon on November 28 celebrating some of John Candy’s greatest films including The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, National Lampoon’s Vacation and Stripes.
- A Murray Christmas on November 29 featuring Bill Murray’s classic films Groundhog Day and Caddyshack.
- AMC+ Original Movie Premiere: Christmas with the Campbells on November 30.
- Reese for the Holidays on December 1 featuring Reese Witherspoon favorites including Sweet Home Alabama and Four Christmases.
- AMC Celebrates Elf 20th Anniversary on December 2.
- Merry ‘80s Marathon goes back in time on December 9 featuring National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Great Outdoors, The Princess Bride, Ghostbusters 1-2 and Big.
- So Many Santas Marathon on December 10 includes Elf, Fred Claus, The Polar Express, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Miracle on 34th Street (1947) and Rankin-Bass specials (The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, Rudolph’s Shiny New Year, The Year Without a Santa Claus).
- Best Elf Marathon on December 16 features Elf, Fred Claus and The Polar Express
- Holiday Hijinks Marathon on December 17 featuring National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, and The Great Outdoors.
- Best Christmas Marathon from December 23 through December 25 with holiday favorites including Elf, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, Fred Claus, Four Christmases, Rankin-Bass specials, and more.
- Holiday Hangover recovery begins on December 26 including Elf, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Four Christmases, Christmas with the Kranks.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed original programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014, and the network’s series The Walking Dead is the highest-rated series in cable television history. AMC’s current original series include Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire, Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches, Fear the Walking Dead, Dark Winds, Lucky Hank and the forthcoming series The Walking Dead: Dead City and The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon, among others. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand, mobile, and on AMC+, the company’s premium streaming bundle featuring content from across AMC and sister networks BBC America, IFC, and SundanceTV as well as streaming services Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited.
AMC+ is the company’s new premium streaming bundle featuring an extensive lineup of popular and critically acclaimed original programming from AMC, BBC America, IFC, and SundanceTV and full access to targeted streaming services Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited, which feature content such as A Discovery of Witches, Creepshow, and Boyhood. The service features a continually refreshed library of commercial-free content, with iconic series from the AMC Networks portfolio including Mad Men, Halt & Catch Fire, Hell on Wheels, Turn: Washington’s Spies, Rectify, Portlandia, Orphan Black and series from The Walking Dead Universe, among many others. The service also offers a growing slate of original and exclusive series including Gangs of London, Dark Winds, and the first two series in a new Anne Rice universe, Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire and Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches. With new movies released every Friday, AMC+ is the newest destination for exclusive film premieres direct from theaters all year long. AMC+ is available in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Spain and is available in the U.S. through AMCPlus.com, the AMC+ app, and a number of digital and cable partners.