NEW YORK, NY, April 6, 2022 – AMC Networks today announced that it is building on its successful digital originals strategy, with a new slate of shows that live alongside AMC Studios scripted series. These original series have successfully expanded the company’s programming slate for both fans and advertising partners by leveraging the massive series and talent fandoms built by its original programming. The digital originals are developed, produced and sold by the company’s Content Room. Each series will be powered by TEAL, AMCN’s recently announced suite of immersive digital ad products.
One example of the company’s success in this area is the popular franchise Bottomless Brunch at Colman’s, created and hosted by Colman Domingo of Fear the Walking Dead. The show that began as a digital short produced in the early days of the pandemic has grown to become an ongoing series featured across multiple digital and linear platforms and a podcast, all sponsored by Diageo.
This spring, the return of Better Call Saul for its sixth and final season will be joined by three digital original series displayed on a variety of platforms including the final installment of the Emmy®-winning employee training videos, an animated short-form series focused on the spirited childhood of Jimmy McGill in Cicero, IL, and original comedy Cooper’s Bar, starring fan favorite Rhea Seehorn,
“Our Content Room originals have been wildly successful for our audiences and our advertising partners,” said Kim Granito, executive vice president of the Content Room. “We are thrilled to come to this upfront with a full programming slate that utilizes our incredible talent roster and original IP in truly unique ways for our partners.”
The new slate of originals include:
- You Are Here a travel show hosted by Colman Domingo of Fear the Walking Dead, who also hosts the popular Bottomless Brunch at Colman’s—an early example of the promise behind the strategy for Digital Originals.
In this unique take on a travel series, Colman brings viewers on a deeply personal journey through the places that made him. He will visit cities like Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco and explore his personal stories of connection, while giving viewers a guided tour of these places as only he can.
- Know A Guy is a show inspired by the familiar characters who have taught us when it comes to handling unconventional situations, it really helps to “know a guy,” or a guy who knows another guy. This series probes those “special” situations — from the impossible to the improbable, unique or unusual —where it helps to “know a guy.” From tracking down rare objects on short notice to dealing with unforeseen emergencies or sticky situations, these are the guys (and girls) you need to know.
- As AMC prepares to premiere Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampireas its next franchise and universe later this year, Obsessed with the Vampire is a digital post-show companion for the scripted series that offers a one-of-a-kind episode discussion with superfan insights around looks, locales, design and all things vampire culture. The series will launch with Weekly Obsessions— a social content feature and companion one-of-a-kind curated late-night shop, only open during vampire hours—and will culminate in an end of the first season Obsessed with the Vampire special, unpacking every obsession worthy moment of the epic first season.
Also part of the Anne Rice universe, The Night Island is a digital original about an exclusive resort like no other, open only from sunset to sunrise, catering to an exclusive clientele of vampires and mortals, with strict rules in place that still can’t prevent each night from turning into a near disaster. Based on elements within Anne Rice’s Queen of the Damned, this will be produced with Mark Johnson (who is overseeing development of the entire Anne Rice universe) and his company Gran Via.
- Managing Bratis a fly-on-the-wall series that follows the lives of the successful power couple Da Brat and Jesseca “Judy” Dupart, the stars of the popular WE tv and ALLBLK series Brat Loves Judy. The show tracks the daily antics of Brat and Judy’s lives through the eyes of Bella, their invaluable assistant, best friend, road manager, confident, and whatever else the situation calls for. She keeps their personal and professional plates spinning at all times, with an unfiltered and highly entertaining perspective.
- Show Me Moreis the ultimate backstage pass for fans of AMC Networks’ most beloved, high-quality scripted series, with a mix of on-set exclusives, revealing cast interviews and hosted segments. Back for a second season, after proving to be hugely popular with fans across digital, social and AVOD/FAST platforms and AMC+, new installments will focus on final seasons of The Walking Dead, Killing Eve and Better Call Saul while also introducing new worlds through Dark Winds, the Anne Rice universe and other new series.
- Hosted by Jordan Carlos, Can We Talk About This?is the popular digital original series that fosters thought provoking and entertaining discussions around culturally relevant issues through the lens of his guests’ personal experiences, all against a backdrop of theatrical films and original programming. Through previous seasons, Carlos and his guests have taken on a wide variety of topics and themes and the “Talk” is just beginning.
Content Room’s Digital Original slate will be distributed broadly across AMCN’s Digital footprint, including AMC+, AVOD/FAST and social platforms. All digital originals will be Powered by TEAL.
About AMC Networks
AMC Networks (Nasdaq: AMCX) is a global entertainment company known for its popular and critically-acclaimed content. Its brands include targeted streaming services AMC+, Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now, ALLBLK, and the newest addition to its targeted streaming portfolio, the anime-focused HIDIVE streaming service, in addition to AMC, BBC AMERICA (operated through a joint venture with BBC Studios), IFC, SundanceTV, WE tv and IFC Films. AMC Studios, the Company’s in-house studio, production and distribution operation, is behind some of the biggest titles and brands known to a global audience, including The Walking Dead, the Anne Rice catalog and the Agatha Christie library. The Company also operates AMC Networks International, its international programming business, and 25/7 Media, its production services business.