London, England – 19 September 2007 – iD Distribution has gained another 100 hours of high-definition (HD) programmes from VOOM HD Networks, the largest suite of HD content in the world. The new programmes-exemplifying the high-quality HD series for which VOOM HD is known-will be available for international broadcast acquisition at MIPCOM next month.
iD has previously sold over 1,100 hours of programming for VOOM HD into more than 150 countries across the globe. iD licenses programming internationally for VOOM HD Networks, WEtv, Lifeskool, Sportskool and IFC.
Sally Miles, CEO, iD Distribution, said: "We are delighted to have achieved so much with VOOM HD Networks, particularly in the last year. The catalogue we represent includes highly fascinating and diverse programming which has vast appeal in a global sense, and we will continue to enjoy great success for this catalogue."
"The iD team has done a fantastic job furthering the international reach of VOOM HD programming," added Glenn Oakley, VOOM HD Networks' Senior Vice President, Global Operations and Business Development. "We are energized by the outlook for even greater expansion at this market and are happy to have contributed to iD's continued success with a solid slate of new HD offerings."
The 100 new hours of VOOM HD programming include several returning series, as well as totally new titles. Highlights:
- Treasure Divers (6×60') – This series provide an inside look at the little known and rarely filmed world of underwater treasure excavation. Each episode follows shipwreck treasure historian, Carl 'Fizz' Fismer and dive instructor, Captain Gary Mace, as they troll a host of underwater wrecks in search of riches, both monetary and historic.
- Classic Racers (6×60') – This series shares the unique experience of the classic racer that time-travels to the Golden Era of car racing, capturing not only the speed and noise, but the incredible atmosphere as well.
- How the Best is Done (10×60') – Whether a mysterious brew with a sweet recipe or a mechanically magnificent device, this original series explores the most coveted brands and why they're so special.
- Ultra Eye (7×60', new 4×30') – All-new episodes visiting the world's most stylish cities, including Paris, Rome, Reykjavik and LA.
- Behind the Label (36×30', new 9×30') – More from the series introducing viewers to the most powerful icons of the fashion and beauty worlds.
- Reservations Required (15×30', new 10×30') – New episodes that go behind the scenes of the hottest and most talked-about restaurants in the world.
Gamecaster's Battlefield 2142 Invitational (6×30') – A true breakthrough for gaming on television, this original tournament series follows the frenzied competition of teams playing EA's highly anticipated Battlefield 2142 PC game.
- FNATIC (2×60') – This two-part documentary profiles Fnatic, a professional video gaming team based in Southampton, England. Consisting of players across the globe, its members make a living through competing in video game tournaments.
- Inside Microsoft: The Launch of Forza MotorsportTM2 (6×30') – An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the marketing machine and creative muscle behind the development and launch of Forza MotorsportTM2.
- Art of Play (16×60') – In this series, viewers get a full-access pass to the stories, art and imagination prevalent in today's most popular video games.
Green Wheels (12×30') – This topical series goes under the hood of tomorrow's hottest muscle cars to showcase the latest eco-friendly science and technology employed by these ground-breaking machines. Some of the cars featured include the Buckeye Bullet, an electric car that set the 315-mph land record, and Jeff Simmons' lightning-fast Indy League road racer.
- Art in Progress (20×30', new 6×30') – New episodes that give viewers a rare opportunity to experience the creative process of painters, sculptors, video and performance artists as they create and prepare for exhibitions.
- Focused Season 4 (9×30') – This series follows the true-life experiences of sponsored professional athletes who are sent to the most exotic spots on the planet to push the limits of their sport in the face of fear and other obstacles along the way.
- The Lost Wave: An African Surf Story (1×60') – This program documents the quest of famed author, former Surfer magazine editor and long-time surf explorer Sam George, as he leads a team of adventurers to the wild coast of West Africa to examine the origins of West African wave-riding.
- The Endless Knot (1×60') – This documentary follows the story of renowned mountaineer, Conrad Anker, and his wife, Jennifer Lowe-Anker, who not only found unexpected love after a deadly avalanche, but also developed a mountaineering safety school to find meaning behind the tragedy.
For further information: www.iddistribution.tv
Notes to Editors:
ID Distribution is one of the UK's most dynamic independent distributors. Since its launch at MIPCOM in October 2004, the company is now recognised as one of the most exciting players in the field.
ID Distribution's collaborative approach with producers is helping the company develop ongoing relationships with some of the most creative independent production companies in the UK and US. Now working with over 30 independent companies, ID has experienced phenomenal growth in the last year and has equally ambitious plans going forward.
ID Distribution specialises in the international distribution of formats and completed programming in factual and light entertainment, reality, lifestyle, documentaries and current affairs. The company works closely with producers to develop, finance and distribute programmes and formats with global appeal, helping programme-makers realise the full potential from their programming rights and ideas. The company undertakes all commercial activity in the exploitation of primary, secondary and ancillary programme rights, providing producers with strategic commercial services, including advice on programming for foreign markets.
Distributing programmes and formats for a wide range of producers from both the UK and US, ID Distribution has the presence to assist its producers to take the steps they need to build on their success and maximise their identity, growth and revenue potential in the international market. The company has unique experience in the US. ID Distribution represents original programme ideas on behalf of independent production companies, taking them to the network and cable channels and introducing producers to local co-production partners where required.
About VOOM HD Networks
VOOM HD Networks comprise the world's largest suite of high-definition content for distribution through satellite and cable operators. Produced exclusively in true high-definition and 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound, VOOM HD Networks carry programming in categories as diverse as sports, movies, fashion, music and art. VOOM HD Networks' 15 HDTV channels are available in the U.S. on Echostar's DISH Network and Cablevision's iO digital cable service. A 24/7 linear VOOM HD channel is available internationally and is currently distributed in Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Select VOOM HD programming is also available worldwide and has been licensed to viewers in more than 150 countries. Building on Rainbow's history of original programming innovation, VOOM HD was developed to meet the growing worldwide demand for quality high-definition programming.