IFC, IFC Center and Mag Rack Provide Customized Promotion – On-air, Online, On-Demand and In-Theater – for the Launch of the 2007 Acura RDX
New York, NY, September 5, 2006 – Rainbow Media announced today a unique, multi-tiered partnership with Acura that kicks off in August supporting the launch of the 2007 Acura RDX. Through fully-integrated, turn-key promotional elements, Rainbow will, for the first time, leverage the power of its multiple brands to create a cross-platform sponsorship campaign. Rainbow will anchor the sponsorship through the IFC network and will also utilize its IFC Center in New York City, as well as its on demand Mag Rack service. The initiative will showcase the on-air, online, on-demand and in-theater Rainbow properties to cross-promote the RDX with customized elements tailor-made for Acura by IFC. The campaign merchandises Acura's existing involvement in film, while offering a tech-forward entertainment experience to the Rainbow brands' influential, film-loving, taste-making audience.
Josh Sapan, President and CEO of Rainbow Media, stated: "This is an exciting partnership that maximizes the power of the Rainbow brands through a unique and innovative promotion that goes beyond traditional avenues. Through our on-air, online, on-demand and on-site capabilities, we are able to provide Acura with a comprehensive and strategic execution on many levels. Rainbow and Acura share a common mission to create a quality product that enhances the consumer experience, and we look forward to delivering on that mission with this campaign."
Susie Rossick for Acura added: "Not only are we excited to be launching the 2007 RDX, we are thrilled to be taking this non-traditional approach to effectively reach consumers in a unique environment. We have had a long-standing and valuable partnership with IFC, and now we're taking it to a whole new level. In the fragmented media landscape that exists today, we want to engage consumers on every platform – and this partnership offers that."
The cross-platform Acura RDX campaign was spearheaded by IFC and negotiated by Acura's agency of record, RPA, building on the network's existing relationship with the car company. Acura first partnered with IFC in 2003 and continues to sponsor the network's long-running "At the IFC Center" series hosted by Alison Bailes. For the past two years, Acura has also served as a sponsor for IFC's live coverage of the Independent Spirit Awards. As a non ad-supported network, IFC offers an opportunity for its partners to effectively platform their brand in the network's uncut, festival-like on-air environment. In addition, IFC offers unique online sponsorship opportunities, allowing partners' brands to be integrated into the network's website, which caters to an influential and tech-savvy audience. Led by IFC's Senior Vice President of Partnerships and Licensing, Alan Klein, the network's growing list of unique partnerships includes, in addition to Acura, such major brands as: Heineken, Red Bull, Target and [yellow tail] wine.
"We are constantly looking for new and unique ways to platform our partners' brands in a way that will engage and connect with consumers," said Evan Shapiro, IFC's Executive Vice President and General Manager. "Acura has been an incredible partner to work with over the years, and our proven track record of success has fostered their ongoing trust in IFC to deliver results. We are both thrilled and proud to build such a tech-forward and comprehensive campaign for this launch."
The IFC Campaign will extend from 8/13 – 10/06 and includes the following elements:
- Acura presents the Sunday Night Film – 10 Films (2 airings each Sunday at 9pm)
- Acura-branded graphic gateway for each film, each week – turn-key design & production by IFC for Acura
- Acura RDX brand film — "The Projectionists" starring the Acura RDX running at the top and bottom of each Sunday Night Film – created by IFC
- RDXtras- Free-floating RDX branded NEWS vignette series (2 unique spots) featuring male oriented film and entertainment events
- Custom Acura-branded tune-in promos driving to Sunday Night Film
- Custom Acura-branded promos driving to ifc.com
- Pre/Post online study – using IFC Viewers who are Car Prospects as a base – to determine valuable information regarding consumer awareness (aided and unaided), recall of Acura on IFC, intent to purchase and perception. The first wave will be conducted two weeks before the start of the on-air campaign; the second wave will take place during the last two weeks of the campaign.
Additional elements of the multi-platform campaign are detailed below:
ONLINE – Acura Digital Channel: IFC – August 13 – October 6
IFC will create Acura-branded online content including:
- Acura-branded IFC schedule page (most trafficked section of ifc.com)
- Acura-branded digital Credits Page
- Acura Channel Video Player featuring the following video: Brand films, RDXtras, IFC Center content, PRE-roll advertising 15-sec spots
ON DEMAND – Mag Rack – August 13 – October 6
Mag Rack is the ultimate on-demand network, delivering made for VOD programming that brings an upscale digital subscriber close to the things they love
- Acura to be exclusive sponsor/advertiser for Mag Rack's: 'Auto Access,' 'Big Schwag,' and 'Guitar Express' on-demand categories
- 30-second pre and post spots within original programming segment during the program period
ON SITE – IFC Center – August 13 – December 31
- Official IFC Center Sponsorship
- On-site branded signage (facade above the marquee) displayed periodically and during all major IFC Center events: 90 days total
- Acura-branded trailer (20-sec) which would precede all screenings as exclusive sponsor of "Short Attention Span Cinema"
- Acura Brand films on in-lobby plasma monitors
- Acura auto-placement at IFC Center events
- Private Acura screening at IFC Center
- Special mention of Acura's sponsorship of "Short Attention Span Cinema" through a banner ad on IFC Center website and email schedule blasts
About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media creates and manages some of the country's most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands including popular national and regional television channels AMC, fuse, The Independent Film Channel (IFC), WE tv, and two FSN affiliated regional sports networks managed by Rainbow Sports Networks. The company also manages Mag Rack and sportskool, two original on-demand networks; VOOM HD Networks, the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere; IFC Entertainment, its film distribution, production and exhibition division; Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales division; and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.
About IFC Television
The Independent Film Channel (IFC) is the first and most widely distributed network dedicated to independent film 24 hours a day, uncut, uncensored and commercial free. The network is part of IFC Companies — the only brand to operate in every area of independent film to include television, production, financing, distribution, digital, on-demand and exhibition. IFC Companies uses its unique cross-platform position to broaden the audience of independent film and to provide independent filmmakers with a strong voice. IFC Companies is a division of Rainbow Media Holdings, LLC.
About the IFC Center
The IFC Center opened in June of 2005 on the premises of the historic Waverly Theater. The new complex features state-of-the-art cinemas with luxurious seating and high-definition digital and 35mm projection. The theater presents new independent, foreign and documentary features, as well as the ongoing programs Weekend Classics, Waverly Midnights and Short Attention Span Cinema (short films screenings before every feature). The Center also includes The Waverly, a Great Performances restaurant that serves lunch, dinner and snacks, and features a full bar.
About Mag Rack
Mag Rack ignites viewers' interests and establishes on-demand television as an entertainment destination. The premier On Demand television network, Mag Rack helps viewers get into the things they love–from cars to guitars, motorcycles to fitness, kids shows to video games, relationships to pets-by showcasing expert on-air personalities and dynamic programs that inspire them to go even further. Mag Rack is the first television network to produce original entertainment created exclusively for On Demand. With shows such as Katie Brown @ home, 24seven gamer, Guitar Xpress, The Pet Shop with Marc Morrone and John Lithgow's Paloozaville, Mag Rack's "TV for Whatever Turns You On" puts the viewer in control of their own potential by providing 24/7 "always on" programming that is truly exciting and that cannot be found elsewhere on television. For more information, visit www.magrack.com.
About the Acura RDX
As Acura's first entry premium SUV, the all-new RDX combines the responsiveness of Acura's first-ever turbocharged engine, delivering on-demand powerful acceleration and the agile control of Super Handling All-Wheel DriveTM (SH-AWDTM). With virtually no turbo lag, the innovative Variable Flow Turbo design keeps impeller speed high even at low engine speeds. The RDX puts state-of-the-art communications, navigation and audio entertainment technologies at the driver's fingertips. True to form for Acura, the RDX incorporates a class-leading array of sophisticated electronic safety technologies based on the fundamentals of Acura's "Safety Through Innovation" initiative.