Network Posted Gains Across All Key Adult and Female Demos, Reached 52 Million Viewers and Ranks As One Of The Fastest Growing Cable Networks This Quarter
NEW YORK, NY, September 2, 2015 – On the strength of its new and returning original programming, WE tv bucked industry trends this summer and achieved ratings growth of more than 30 percent, year-over-year, in key demos. Best known for reality programming like “Braxton Family Values” and “Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars,” WE tv reached 52 million viewers this summer. Based on year-over-year ratings growth, WE tv is one of the fastest-growing cable networks, ranking in the top five among women and adults 25-54 and total viewers, and sixth among adults 18-49. The impressive results are fueled by WE tv’s original programming, with all new and returning series premieres posting strong performance and growth.
“It has been a remarkable summer for WE tv, as our core returning shows continued to grow and we introduced new shows that immediately caught on with viewers,” said Marc Juris, WE tv’s president. “The authenticity and relatability of our relationship reality programming is clearly resonating with fans, breaking through the cluttered content landscape, sparking pop cultural conversation and driving growth that bucks challenging industry trends.”
Summer and Q3 2015 Highlights:
- WE tv reached 52 million viewers this summer.
- Summer 2015 versus summer 2014, WE tv is up:
- +36% among A25-54 (239,000)
- +35% among W25-54 and W18-49 (169,000, 144,000)
- +32% among A18-49 (200,000)
- The current third quarter is pacing to be incredibly strong for WE tv, averaging nearly 570,000 total viewers in prime time, up about +30% year-over-year. The quarter is also up over 30% among the adult and female demos.
- Based on year-over-year comparisions, WE tv is one of the fasting growing cable networks, ranking #4 among total viewers and A25-54, #5 among W18-49 and W25-54 and #6 among A18-49.
- The just completed third season of “Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars” was the highest-rated of the franchise, averaging over 1.2 million total viewers, up +34% over season two.
The current fourth seasons of “Braxton Family Values” and “L.A. Hair” are pacing to deliver their best seasons ever across all adult and female demos and total viewers.
- New series “Cutting It: In the ATL” reached 4.5 million viewers, ranked as a top five new unscripted summer series among W25-54, and the second highest rated new original unscripted series on cable this summer among all key African American demos.
- “Kendra on Top” recently had its best ever season premiere, delivering over 1.1 million total viewers for the season four premiere. Ratings for the show were up significantly from season three.
WE tv Prime stories – Live+SD data, Prime M-Su 8p-11p.
- Summer: NPower data, Summer 2015 = 05/18/15-08/30/15 vs Summer 2014 = 05/19/14-08/31/14; Reach = 1 min qualifier, P2+ 000s.
- Quarter to-date: AMRLD data. 3Q15 td = 06/29/15-08/30/15 vs 3Q14 td = 06/30/14-08/31/14; WE tv vs ad-supported cable networks, excl. sports/news/kids/Spanish networks, ranked on % growth.
WE tv program-specific stories – Live+3 data, NPower.
- MBC: RS S3 (5/29/15-8/21/15, Fr 9p-10): vs prior season avgs of MBC: RS & MBC: BZ
- BFV S4B td (5/21/15-8/27/15, Th 9p) & LA Hair S4 td (7/30/15-8/27/15, Th 10p): vs prior season avgs
- Cutting It S1 (5/21/15-7/16/15, Th 10p): Reach = P2+ 000s, 6 min qualifier/75% unif, CI new & encore TCs Th 6p-1a; Cutting It S1 vs new unscripted cable series starting 5/21/15, excluding premium, sports, kids, specials, less than 2 TCs = ranked on W25-54 000s delivery & key demos among Afr-Am (W/P18-49, W/P25-54, P2+).
- Kendra on Top S4 premiere (8/21/15 Fr 10p-11p): vs prior KOT season premiere episodes & S3 avg.
About WE tv
With compelling, can’t miss unscripted shows and dramatic scripted series, WE tv’s programming is fueled by personalities and relationships filled with purpose and passion. WE tv welcomes everyone and creates an inclusive experience across all platforms: on TV, online, on demand, and social media, embracing how today’s digitally savvy, socially engaged audiences connect through content, using it as a catalyst to drive conversation and build community. WE tv is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., and its sister channels include AMC, BBC America, IFC and SundanceTV. WE tv is available to over 86 million U.S. homes. WE tv: All In.
# # #